6Ku6giylKELTPwUj5VgLy2pqyTk

Monday, June 18, 2012

Never To Early For Back To School Shopping

Another school year has come to an end and summer has started. While everyone might not be thinking of back to school shopping I have already gotten started. This is the best time of the year to start buying all your kids winter clothes for the upcoming school year.
If you read some of my blog posts you will see that one of my favorite places to shop is Old Navy, because I can always get the best deals on clothes there. Right now almost every store has all their winter clothes on clearance since its summer time. I know that at Old Navy I can find a lot of really cute clothes on clearance for super cheap. Now do not get me wrong Old Navy’s prices are already really good and they do have great sales. The clearance sales they have are often really good an example is I got a pair of cute skinny jeans for my daughter for $5.99 plus I had a 10% off coupon.
So I recently went to old navy because my friend had shared an Old Navy sample share that she had received from Crowd Tap for a free bathing suit. While I was there the lady asked me to apply for an Old Navy store card (I thought I would not get approved but since I have been working on my credit I did get approved) since I did get approved I was giving a 30% off coupon and a 10% off coupon to use during the weekend. I was excited because I knew I could make out like a bandit between the clearance and the coupons.
So Saturday came and we headed over to our favorite Old Navy and I was shocked at how much clothes they had on clearance not just for girls but for everyone in the family. I ended up getting 20 shirts, 4 shorts, 1 dress, 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of pj’s, and a hello kitty book light. Some of the stuff we got was not even on clearance and after the coupons where taken off my total was only $120. This is a really good price for all that I got and I know had I not gotten stuff that was not on clearance it would have came out much cheaper but I saw a shirt that was so cute and I had to have it lol.
Now old navy is not the only store that has really good sales on their winter clothes I have also found great prices at J.C Penny, Macy’s, and Aeropostale. While I was in the mall I saw that Aeropostale had up to 70% off on clothes. Also many of the shoes stores have boots and other shoes on clearance as well.
I know a lot of people wait to do their shopping on the tax free weekend but in my opinion the prices on stuff go higher during that time so the stores make a profit. I would rather not get stuck in a store with a million other people fighting to get a deal, instead I do a little bit of shopping throughout the summer and get more bang for my buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment