6Ku6giylKELTPwUj5VgLy2pqyTk

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

It's Summer Time....What Can You and Your Kids Do For Free!!

Every year during summer I find myself trying to figure out what to do to keep my kids busy, but not spend a lot of money. I know I am not the only one who is thinking the same thing. So I have checked around and found a few things that you can do with your children and it wont break the bank,

The first one I want to share is one of my favorite things to do. We love to go bowling, but with 3 kids and 2 adults it can cost a pretty penny. During the summer there is a bunch of bowling allies that participate in kids bowl free program. you can sign up all your kids up to 15 years in age to bowl 2 games for free everyday. I know your probably wondering about the shoe rental, well no need to worry your shoe rental is at a discounted price. While you are signing up your children you are also given the option to purchase a package for the adults which also allows the parents to bowl everyday.  You only pay a one time fee but you can bowl 2 games everyday. There is a code going around which is good for $10 off the adult package ( code is july10). If you like to bowl this is a great deal for you and your children.   (www.kidsbowlfree.com)

Another really good deal is many theaters are showing movies for free on certain days. For example Santikos has a summer movie deal, they show movies on Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00 am for free... yes FREE for adults and children. Now I have to say they are not showing the movies that are currently out in theaters instead they show movies for the children, such as Rio 2 or Shrek. Santikos is not the only one that is doing the free movies so you should look up the theaters in your area and check their websites. I do know that some theaters are charging $1 but that is still a great deal.

During the summer I love to get my kids reading so when I found out that there are some summer reading programs I signed my kids up for all of them. The first one I found was a program through our local library. You can check your local library website and see if they are offering a program. The next one I found was a program through Barnes and Noble, Your child can receive a free book after the read 8 books and turn in their list of books they have finished reading, I am giving you a link to the PDF file to print out the list they can fill out as well as the list of the books they can pick for free. ( http://img1.imagesbn.com/pimages/kids/summerreading/2015/2015_Summer%20Reading_ALL.pdf ) some other companies with reading programs include Half Priced books, Scholastic, Pottery Barn, and Book Adventure.

Another way I like to keep my kids learning with out spending any money is by taking them to historical places in my area. Most historical sites are free but also take donations. These places are great because you can turn it into a history lesson and the kids have fun looking at all the awesome stuff. There is also a lot of museums that also have certain days where you can enter for free or at a reduce price.

During the summer the kids can forget a lot of the things they learned in school. They also can get very bored and when they are bored they will try and get into anything looking for something to do. I believe it is important to keep them busy and keep them learning. I know how hard it is to keep them busy when you are on a budget, but something as simple as having a pic-nic at the park can keep your kids having fun and out of trouble. I also like to keep them learn by going to the Dollar Tree or other dollar stores and getting them work books. I also buy them fake money, a cash register, and some fake food so they learn to count with them money and learn about fruits and vegetables.

I really hope that you find something fun, free, and educational for you and your children....but most of all enjoy your summer break.




3 comments:

  1. Well, every kid nowadays has a smartphone and with honeygain app they can earn free money. They just need to download this app to the smartphone, leave it connected to the internet and this app will pay for sharing net traffic with data scientists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading. I've found one more that might be interesting for you. Chect it here

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also educate each other about online safety and privacy matters and learn more about various ways to stay safe while being online stay safe while being online

    ReplyDelete